Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Dill-Fisch Photography – Excellence Is In the Details

Logo Final JPEG

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, it seems that my plan to post once a week flew out the window due to some very positive changes in my workflow.  The first of which is that I, along with a partner, am launching Dill-Fisch Photography, a wedding and portraiture photography service.  The second, is that the rainy Washington weather is relenting a bit, and I’ve been able to take pictures! 

The name Dill-Fisch comes from the smooshing together of my partner’s last name with my last name. It conveys a sense of fun that fits our personalities. It’s also proving to be something unique and memorable.  Now if you google Dill-Fisch, you’ll still get a long list of German recipes for dill fish, but the first hit is our Facebook page!  We’ve booked a couple portrait sessions, and one wedding for June.  Our website went live this weekend, the url is temporary until we get passed our free trail with Viewbook.  All in all an exciting time.

When we first initiated building the business, it seemed to take front and center and the actual art of photography became theoretical. When I actually got behind the camera again for a photo session with my Mom and her best friend, I just couldn’t get into the groove of what I was supposed to do.  The following day I had another shoot, this one was some children’s pics for Unit 4, and was very successful.  It’s so easy to hide in the details of business building, forms, pricing structures, and marketing plans.  However, at the end of the day, what sells the business is the photography. Without that, the rest of our efforts are in vain.

We are officially launching in July, until then we’re building our portfolio, tapping into friends and other networks to get the work we need to get the work! It’s been fun, and nerve racking, and exhausting, but it’s been so rewarding, too.  I used to kill myself for the benefit of others, now it’s nice to know that all my efforts are going into building something for myself, my future, and my community.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I hope all goes well and you are extremely successful :) God bless.

    ReplyDelete